Office 365 Hybrid Deployment with Exchange 2010 SP2 – Part 1
I am prepping my newly acquired lab servers, Thanks Catapult IT!, to set up an Office 365 Hybrid Deployment. I am doing this for several reasons:
1. Want to fully understand the new Hybrid Deployment Wizard and setup with Exchange 2010 SP2
2. Use Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) for ADFS and Exchange proxy
3. Prep for the Office 365 Beta Exams
4. My presentation at Office 365 Saturday Redmond, http://o365redmond.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx, is on this topic
5. To blog about the experience and help out the community!
So the lab servers I am configuring up are as follows, all running Server 2008 R2 SP1:
DC1 – Running DC and ADFS
EX1 – Running Exchange 2010 SP2 with MB, Hub and CAS roles
UAG1 – Running UAG (imagine that)
My work tonight is to get all the OS’s installed and patched (done) and get Exchange 2010 SP2 installed and setup. I also will be getting a UC SAN certificate issued and installed and hopefully get UAG installed and configured. Not sure how many Blog posts this entire circus will entail, but will be trying to get this up and running by Sunday. I have my first of two Office 365 Beta exams on Monday afternoon.
My next Blog post I plan on talking about the ADFS and UAG setup and integration.